WHAT IS NLP?
Neuro-Linguistic Programming was developed in the late 70’s by a mathematician called Richard Bandler and a linguist, John Grinder. While they were involved in a study of people who were excellent communicators and catalysts of personal change in others, they asked themselves :“What makes the difference between someone who is merely competent at something and someone who excels at the same skills?”
The answer to this question produced a model to help us understand how we perceive the world and organize our thinking, skills, feeling and behavior. NLP as a set of guiding principles, attitudes and techniques. It can be used remedially to help you get more out of life. It can help to uncover or change whatever is holding you back. It can be used productively to help you make far-reaching positive changes beyond the original problem. NLP also provides the tools to make excellence more easily attainable; because if you are achieving excellence yourself it can be modeled, developed and used to teach others
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM NLP TRAINING ?
NLP is a synthesis as different disciplines and offers a systematic means to achieving consistently outstanding results across a broad spectrum of experience. It has been successfully applied to business, education, healthcare, sport and therapy amongst many other things. The tools apply to all human activity – NLP is about being human.
BUSINESS AND SALES
– Interaction with leading-edge technology
– Increased productivity and motivation
– Enhanced negotiation, presentation skills and influence
– Achievement of personal and professional goals
Many companies have studied the difference between good and outstanding employees. The learning has been applied to train other people in the company to achieve outstanding results.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
– New strategies for training and teaching
– New learning techniques
– New motivation strategies
– Improve physical and emotional well-being
– Develop personal direction and goals
– Change negative attitudes
– Understand better and optimize personal potential
Significantly improve and complete your relationships with others, especially significant others such as your boss, your subordinate, colleague, clients and peers.
– Control the way others perceive you
– Dissolve communication barriers
– Create more intimate and fulfilling personal relationship
– Alter someone else’s mood and behavior
– Negotiate more effectively
– NLP techniques to increase professionalism and improve workplace productivity
HOW TO FIND THE BEST NLP TRAINING
There has been an enormous upsurge of interest in NLP in recent years and currently there is no real control over training standards. As NLP can be an important investment of your time and money, you need to check out the quality of the training you are being offered.
CHECK OUT THE TRAINERS
– Shop around and make comparisons. If you can, watch them in action or get references
– Ask for their credentials
– Look for a good track record
CHECK OUT THE CULTURE
A good number of people with a wide range of backgrounds on a course is vital. You learn most by working with a group of people who are different from you.
Lastly, remember that learning NLP should be fun!